Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Update

So I made it back safe and sound. It was a pretty uneventful journey which is a good thing!

As my dad says "I laid 12 eggs" lol, meaning the clinic retrieved 12 eggs and from that were able to produce 3 grade "B" embryos. The transfer was done yesterday so we will find out the results in 12 days. Lets hope those three little nuggets nuzzle into our surrogates cushy uterine lining.

I have a book recommendation, "The Secret Daughter". I started it last night and I'm hooked! For all of you going through this process I would highly recommend it. The story is about motherhood and identity from two sides of the world. The story begins with Kavita, in rural India, giving birth on her own to a baby girl. The baby, who unfortunately is born into a society that prefers males, is promptly taken away from her and is never seen again. At the same time, on the other side of the world in San Francisco, Somer is at the hospital experiencing yet another emotionally gripping miscarriage. I think everyone will relate to these two mothers emotional journeys.

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment